Creating a ladylike wardrobe may seem daunting, but as our feature Our Fair Lady proves, all it takes is the introduction of a few iconic pieces to emulate a polished style! Here are ten ladylike staples we’d recommend to help you achieve a look that even Audrey Hepburn would covet:
1. Lace Dress: The lace dress can be worn any season, any place! Whether you’re going to a garden party, have an upcoming date, or are meeting your gals for brunch, a lace frock will ensure you’re dressed to impress.
2. Polka Dots: This fun, retro print instantly transforms any look into an ode to eras past!
3. Structured Handbag: A structured bag pulls any outfit together, whether you’re on your way to an interview or are simply spending the afternoon browsing local boutiques.
4. Vintage-Inspired Pumps: Adding glamour to your favorite ensembles is effortless when you have sophisticated pumps at your beck and call!
5. Peplum Top: Be the chic with a pretty peplum top! Pair with a form-fitting skirt or skinny jeans for a flattering, stylish effect.
6. Pencil Skirt: A sartorial must-have, the pencil skirt can be worn to work as classic office attire and transitioned to a dinner date with a cute, printed top.
7. Stripes: Tres chic, no? Stripes are the perfect homage to all things French and fashionable.
8. Florals: You can’t have a ladylike wardrobe without some pretty florals! Opt for a floral skirt, chiffon blouse, or dress. We’re personally going to need all three!
9. Fitted Blazer: Dress up any look just by adding a blazer! We love any excuse to celebrate 1940s style.
10. Dainty Necklace: Whether you’d like to opt for something pearly or embellished with a floral motif, a feminine, antique-inspired necklace will add gracefulness to any top or dress you choose to wear.
For further ladylike inspiration (and a stress-free search for these essentials), take a peek at Our Fair Lady and learn how to stock a bar cart for your next soiree. Which ladylike staples are you clamoring to add to your collection?