Picture this: you and your loved ones cozied up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate warming your hands and your favorite holiday movie lighting up the room. To us, that sounds like the perfect winter evening! Through the hustle and bustle of trimming the tree, Christmas shopping, and putting up the twinkling lights, quality time to enjoy the festivities with loved ones can get a bit lost. To make sure we spend a little extra time with our near and dear, we put together a list of some of our favorite holiday movies so you can enjoy a night in with those you love.
1. It's A Wonderful Life (1946): A true holiday classic, this film captures our hearts year after year. The timeless film details George Bailey's trials and tribulations which lead him to discover the true meaning of Christmas. Cue the "awwww's"!
2. Love Actually (2003): Who could forget this lovely Christmas-themed rom-com? With its ensemble cast weaving into each others' lives, we can't help but watch this date-night worthy movie over and over. Warning: you may need a tissue close by!
3. A Christmas Story (1983): You won't "shoot your eye out" with this classic. The childhood story of Ralphie and his desperate desire for his beloved BB gun introduces us to his quirky family and their Christmas shenanigans. This film plays on repeat on Christmas Day and we absolutely love it!
4. Elf (2003): "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" After leaving the North Pole, Buddy finds himself in search of his real family in the busy city of New York. The film starring Will Ferrel and Zooey Deschanel is definitely at the top of our list of must-watch films during the holiday season.
5. How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000): This Dr. Seuss classic is brought to life in this classic comedy starring the very silly Jim Carrey. The Grinch is the ultimate... well, grinch! Through his attempts to ruin Christmas, he meets Cindy Lou Who who does her best to change his perspective of the holiday. The perfect amount of heartwarming moments and humor, this film will win over viewers of all ages.
6. A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965): This short musical animation is perfect for when you want to sing along! Our favorite Peanuts gang takes us on another adventure as Charlie Brown encourages those around him with what Christmas is all about. We promise you'll be smiling the whole film through!
We can't wait to slip on some cozy socks, pop some popcorn, and get lost in these romantic and fantastic classics. If you get through this list, don't forget to check out last year's list of favorites!