We teamed up with blogger Elizabeth Kartchner of Dear Lizzy (our current Ruchette of the Month!) to bring you a feature focused on mixing and matching polished essentials for a chic and preppy style. Lizzy has created ten different outfits using various combinations of only seven Ruche items, proving that with a little creativity and the right pieces, any wardrobe can be versatile. Read on to see how Lizzy styled her seven pieces!
1. Lizzy began by pairing the textured skirt with a collared cardigan for a sleek, vintage-inspired look. We think this ensemble would be the perfect choice for a business lunch.
2. Next, Lizzy paired the embroidered crop top with the pencil skirt and striped blazer, making the look appropriate for the work place, yet casual enough to meet up with friend after the 9-5 day is through.
3. Perfect for a casual brunch, this outfit combines the casual white tee with the textured skirt for a simple and chic effect. Lizzy kept the accessorizing minimal as well, which allows the structure and detail of the skirt to take the spotlight.
4. Lizzy's next outfit is a classic favorite -- a pretty fit-and-flare dress paired with a ladylike cardigan. This look is ideal for a family party or dinner with friends.
5. To give the same dress a more professional feel, Lizzy paired with fit-and-flare dress with the striped blazer. We love the combination of the polka dots and stripes!
6. Lizzy then wore the embroidered crop top over the fit-and-flare dress, transforming the dress into a breezy polka dot skirt! We love just how much a gal can expand her wardrobe with this trick.
7. In her next outfit, Lizzy created a vintage-inspired look by pairing the pencil skirt with the embroidered top and collared cardigan. With such detailed pieces comprising her look, Lizzy's outfit required very few accessories.
8. The ideal outfit for a daytime party, this look combines the embroidered top with the fit-and-flare dress and striped blazer for a polished and detailed ensemble. When you stick with the same color family, it's easy to mix-and-match prints and textures!
9. Lizzy's ninth look pairs the textured skirt with the simple tee and striped blazer for a business-casual look that we'd love to wear to the office and on a lunch date alike. We're in love with the fun color combination and clean lines of this look.
10. For her final outfit, Lizzy paired the textured skirt with the embroidered top and collared cardigan. We love how chic this ensemble is, and how the scalloped hem of the top is highlighted when paired with the textured skirt.
We hope you enjoyed discovering just how many ensembles can be dreamt up from a selection of key preppy pieces. To create these looks yourself, check out the 7 Items, 10 Outfits feature on our site. And for a rustic version of this feature, see our last style feature with Tieka of Selective Potential!