For our first installment of 7 Items, 7 Outfits, we asked Tieka of Selective Potential to create seven different outfits using the same seven essential Ruche pieces. If you've seen our latest Ruchette of the Month post and Tieka's past Style File features, you already know how much we adore the Michigan blogger’s rustic style! Take a look at Tieka’s innovative outfits for inspiration on how to make the most of your favorite wardrobe staples.
1. For her first outfit, Tieka layered a printed blouse under a lace dress for a cute, collared look. This rustic ensemble is ideal for transitional weather!
2. Tieka brought out the deep hues of the printed blouse by pairing it with this burnt peach lace skirt. As with all of these outfits, the earth-toned heels keep the look seasonally versatile.
3. This casual button-up blouse tones down the lace skirt for a more casual effect. We love how pairing these solid colors emphasizes the textures of each piece!
4. For a relaxed, retro-inspired look, Tieka styled the printed top with these cute textured shorts. This outfit would be a great option for an afternoon picnic or a shopping date with friends.
5. We love how Tieka paired the solid top and textured shorts with our printed scarf for added dimension and a splash of color. This casual outfit is a great go-to on spring days spent outdoors.
6. This classy ensemble Tieka styled features the printed scarf as a shawl, which adds playful contrast to the elegant white dress. We would love to wear this outfit to an outdoor party!
7. For her last outfit, Tieka layered the button-up top over the lace dress to give the frock a more casual feel. Give a fancy dress this casual twist and you’ll be ready for your next lunch date.
Which of these darling outfits would you most love to wear? We hope Tieka's resourcefulness and creativity will inspire you to spring clean your closet and mix-and-match the pieces that fit your style best.