Macaroni and cheese, tomatoes and avocados, and peanut butter and chocolate: these make up the holy trinity of food combinations. Thanks to our major sweet tooth, the latter sits atop our list, which makes these chocolate chip blondies with peanut butter cups all the more irresistible! Lucky for our friends, we will be bringing these delicious bars along to every holiday party.
Makes 12 bars
½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup white chocolate chips
12 dark chocolate peanut butter cups (the ones from Trader Joes are amazing!)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour an 8x12x2 inch baking pan.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars on high speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. With the mixer on low, add the vanilla, then the eggs one at a time. Mix well, scraping down the bowl as needed.
4. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. With the mixer still on low, add the flour mixture by the spoonful. Fold the nuts and chips in with a rubber spatula and then spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, and be careful not to over bake. The toothpick might not come out clean. Evenly distribute the peanut butter cups into the blondies.
6. Allow to cool completely in the pan and then cut into bars. Enjoy!
Thanks to Mara of M Loves M, these yummy bars will have a permanent spot in our recipe book. Both delicious and easy to make, this recipe is perfect for your upcoming seasonal celebrations! For more cooking and baking inspiration, visit our recipe book Sugar and Spice for more tasty treats!
Have a recipe that you are interested in sharing? We'd love to see it! Send your instructions and unedited photos to email@example.com for a chance to join our Ruche Blogger Family and become published.