This amazing cookie recipe comes from Jacqui of Baby Boy Bakery. We love the idea of mixing lavender with white chocolate and we can't wait to make a few batches ourselves!
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
3 tbs whole milk
2 tsp dried lavender
1/2 tsp lemon zest
juice of half a lemon
1 cup dried oats
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup white chocolate
1. Mix the butter and sugar till creamy
2. Add egg, milk, vanilla, lavender, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix until all incorporated.
3. In a another bowl mix flour, oats and baking powder
4. Mix both the wet and dry ingredients together until a dough forms. (Dough will be dry, but should form balls)
5. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper roll out cookie dough balls. Then press them with the back of a spatula to make them flat.
6. Bake cookies at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
7. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for about 1 minute or until smooth and glossy.
8. When the cookies have cooled, spread the white chocolate onto the back of each cookie.
9. Let the white chocolate cool and get hard....Then enjoy!
The lemon really brings out the lavender. However paired with the sweet oats, brown sugar and white chocolate it all balances really well. They truly are delish!
-- Jacqui, Baby Boy Bakery