It's that time of year again - apple season, and it couldn't be more perfect with the holidays coming up! Families, friends, parties, dinners...they'll all be here within the blink of an eye and we've got the perfect dessert to serve your holiday needs. Apple crisp!
Crisps are one of the easiest, and yet one of the most delicious desserts on the planet. Served warm out of the oven, with a scoop of ice cream of course, this crisp will be sure to impress your family, and help you make new friends!
-- Kelsey Siemens, of P.S. Heart
8 cups chopped tart apples (we used Elstar)
2 tsp. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
¾ cup flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
1/3 cup butter (cold)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup rolled quick cooking oats
1. Mix together chopped apples, cinnamon and flour. Place in a greased 9x13 pan.
2. For the crumb topping - In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
3. Then, cut in cold butter with a pastry cutter or a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Stir in brown sugar and oats.
5. Sprinkle crumbs over fruit evenly.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and the apple pieces are tender. Serve and enjoy!
So when you head home from apple country with bushels of the ruby red and gorgeous green fruit, you know what to do. Simply flip through our holiday cookbook, Sugar and Spice, for scrumcious recipes that will keep everyone begging for seconds! You can thank the wonderful Kelsey Siemens, of P.S. Heart for this amazing recipe.
Have a recipe that you are interested in sharing? We'd love to see it! Send your instructions and unedited photos to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to join our Ruche Blogger Family and become published.