We not only adore creative ideas, but creative ideas that can produce even more creative ideas! Fall in love with this DIY Inspiration Board submitted by a member of our Ruche Blogger Family. Your ideas will surely flourish from using this eye-catching board!
With her need for extra space, Anne, of Anne the Adventurer, came up with this innovative project.
My desk area was in need of a little sprucing up (to put it lightly). Our loft and my need for daylight doesn't give me my own studio space, so this little corner would have to do. I wanted to redesign this area mostly with what I already had and I’d been wanting a big inspiration board on the wall beside my desk. So how about making my own bulletin board?
Done! Badabing, badaboom. I love it, and am definitely playing around with what's pinned. It's been so long since I've had an inspiration board, and never have I had one of this size! It really ties my desk/psuedo-studio space together.
--Anne, of Anne the Adventurer
4'10" x 1/4"x 3'4" plywood
Three plain 24" x 36" cork sheets, cut to size of plywood
5'4" x 3'10" chevron fabric
Picture/frame wall hanging pack.
1. Cut plywood to dimensions needed. The hardware store can do this for you before you purchase it.
2. Lay down cork sheets on top of the plywood; adjust to fill entire board. If needed, use an X-acto to cut to size.
3. Spread wood glue across plywood and attach cork sheets. Press with heavy objects for at least 24 hours, or as wood glue directs.
4. Iron fabric to remove creases.
5. Once the glue has dried completely, spread the fabric face down on a flat surface. Lay the previously glued board onto the fabric, cork-side down. Leave six inches of fabric around each side of the board.
6. Neatly fold the remaining fabric onto the plywood-side of the board. Pull fabric tightly and use staple gun to secure.
7. Hang on your wall and enjoy!
Have a DIY project that you are interested in sharing? We'd love to see it! Send your instructions and unedited photos to email@example.com for a chance to join our Ruche Blogger Family and become published.