They get folded into our jeans, they tumble into the corners of our mattress covers and they stick to our static infused blouses. So how many times do we end up with three and-a-half pairs of socks? More times than we can count on our toes. Don't you fret! We've designed an easy DIY Lost Socks board to hang in your laundry room to make it easy to search for your lost, lonely sock. Alas, no sock shall be alone in its cozy sock drawer again!
- Wood plank
- Glue Gun
- Print outs of text
- Hanging strips (*or anything else that you can use to hang up the board)
1. Start by painting the wood plank with your favorite color. Allow time to dry overnight.
2. Print out the text that you'd like to use for the board. Figure out where you'd like to position the text and then use the print outs to trace the letters onto the wood.
3. Fill in the stenciled text with paint.
4. Decorate each clothespin with ribbon. Cut out the appropriate length of ribbon and use a glue gun to secure the ribbon onto the clothespin.
5. Figure out how much space you'd like between each clothespin and then glue each clothespin onto the wood.
6. Hang up your brand new lost socks board and then you’re done!With only a few handy tools and some creative quirkiness, your socks can find a home during the inevitable transportation of laundry baskets. Two brown knitted knee-socks but only one white argyle? No problem, your Lost Socks board is a convenient home to linen fresh and clean socks ready for another adventure.
Have a DIY project that you are interested in sharing? We'd love to see it! Send your instructions and unedited photos to email@example.com for a chance to join our Ruche Blogger Family and become published.