There is something calming and peaceful about sitting seaside. The sound of crashing waves, the salty air, and the sunshine is always uplifting! We wanted to bring the serenity that comes with spending a day at the beach into our home. This seashell mobile is the perfect decor for evoking all your favorite aspects of beach days. A simple and easy DIY, this is a perfect housewarming gift or easy way to spruce up your space!
2. Acrylic paint
3. Paint brush
4. Twine or string
5. Glue gun
6. Wood dowel
7. Ribbon (optional)
1. Paint a few of the seashells with acrylic paint to add a pop of color. Allow time to dry.
2. Once the first coat of paint has dried, feel free to add fun designs such as chevron, polka dots, or stripes!
3. Use a glue gun to attach the seashells onto a strand of twine. You can decide the length and number of strands that you'd like to make.
4. Tie the top of each strand onto the wooden dowel. If you’d like to add more fullness to the mobile you can also glue pieces of ribbon in between each seashell strand.
5. To hang up the mobile, tie a piece of twine from one end of the dowel to the other. Use the glue gun to secure the knots into place so that they don’t slide off.
There you have it! We love this seashell mobile as a way to add some color and beachy atmosphere to your living room, workspace, or bedroom. Visit our other DIYs for some crafty inspiration!
Have a DIY project that you are interested in sharing? We'd love to see it! Send your instructions and unedited photos to email@example.com for a chance to join our Ruche Blogger Family and become published.