Submitted by Chelsea, of Roots Transplanted
This recipe is one of my own creations. I was trying to get crafty with some leftover ingredients from previous baking endeavors, and I came up with this super quick and easy recipe for little mini pies. Need a fast little dessert to take to a bake sale, party or gathering? This is your go-to recipe! Seriously simple.
Original Recipe yields 4 mini pies
1/2 of a 8.2oz jar of Lemon Curd
1 thawed ready-made pie crust
Vanilla sugar for dusting
What to do:
1. Preheat your oven to ~300 F (I use a gas oven, so your temperature may need to be a little higher).
2. Roll out your ready made pie crust and slice into 4 equal pieces.
3. Mold the center of each piece into greased individual cupcake placements in a cupcake pan. Leave the edges hanging.
4. Spoon about 1/2 inch of lemon curd into each pie crust. Use the whole 1/2 of the jar, so keep adding curd wherever its needed.
5. Fold the edges of the crust into the middle so that it creates a little gathered middle.
6. Sprinkle some vanilla sugar on top. Then bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until you notice the tops of the bites browning and the curd bubbling from the folds.
7. Once baked, remove from oven and let them cool. Sprinkle them again with more vanilla sugar and let it dissolve into the curd that has bubbled out from the folds. Gotta add some more sweet, of course!
Enjoy these warm with vanilla ice cream or cooled on their own!