Now that we’re in the full swing of fall, it’s time to retire our summer sandals and tank tops and entirely embrace the season! Around this time of year, we start looking through our closets and making a mental checklist of what we need in our fall wardrobe update. Maybe you just want a cute coat to pull together your fall ensembles or have been eyeing more structured dresses and skirts to add polish to your 9-5 routine. Here we have gathered our 8 must-have chilly weather essentials under $50 to simplify your fall wardrobe update, so read on for why we are coveting each piece!
1. A Green Cargo Jacket: A green cargo jacket, with its hint of military influence, has been a fall mainstay for the past couple years. It’s a trend we love to incorporate into a chic, feminine wardrobe for a little edge, toughening up our pleats and balancing out the girly details in an outfit.
2. A Cozy Mustard Sweater: Of all the rich autumn hues, mustard always wins us over. Fall layering is simply unimaginable without a mustard sweater that will cozy up to everything in your closet so you can mix and match colors and patterns with ease.
3. A Lightweight Scarf: Tuck this fall essential into your purse and pull it out whenever there’s a chill in the air. A lightweight scarf is perfect for layering, especially when you’re out and about and want to stay toasty and warm while dashing between coffee dates and errands.
4. Fun Printed Leggings: While you probably have a drawer full of black leggings, a pair of printed leggings is a fun way to mix it up when it comes to fall layering. And if you start with a pair of printed leggings, your other layers can be more neutral basics, making for a quick style solution on mornings when you’re in a rush.
5. Tall Brown Boots: We look forward to autumn for the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte, beautiful fall foliage, and the chance to wear our favorite boots! Tall brown boots are a must-have for fall as they’re comfy, classic, and pull together a layered outfit.
6. A Navy Pencil Skirt: We could write an entire ode to the pencil skirt! This classic staple is among the most ladylike and polished pieces in our wardrobe, and having one in navy that mixes well with autumn hues and fall florals is a fall necessity.
7. A Classic Leather Dress: Leather is one of the biggest trends this fall, and designers have given it a ladylike update for the perfect balance of tough and feminine. We adore leather for being classic and sophisticated with an edge.
8. A Floral Layering Tunic: Tunics are a fall essential because they pair up with leggings for just the right layered mix of comfy and chic. So when you add a floral print in appropriately autumnal hues, we’re obviously going to be smitten!
We hope our fall style checklist makes your wardrobe update a breeze! You will be amazed at how just these 8 must-have staples under $50 will transform your autumn style, so be sure to shop our Fall Essentials collection to be the belle of the season.