We're always looking to our favorite blogs for early morning pick-me-ups, creative ideas, and inspiring musings. While our blog reading list is quite extensive and we could spend ages listing our favorites, there are a handful of lifestyle, design, writing, and food blogs that we can't help but recommend to our readers time and time again. If you're looking for new sites to add to your reading list, here are five blogs that never fail to lift our spirits and introduce us to new ideas.
1. Design Love Fest: Based in LA, Bri is a talented art director with an amazing eye for design. Her blog includes wonderful recipes in addition to cool DIYs, interior design tips, and the prettiest desktop backgrounds. Bri also hosts blogging and social media workshops, which look absolutely beautiful and informative; we'd love to join in on one someday! If you're unsure where to begin, some of our favorites of Bri's posts include The Art of Cheese, Dress Your Tech, and Florals in Your Space.
2. Meg Fee: Whenever we're in the mood for thoughtful, text-based reflections, we'll end up re-reading our favorite posts from The Wild & Wily Ways of a Brunette "Bombshell." Written by Meg, a Texan turned New Yorker, this blog contains poetic gems, lovely photographs, and deep, moving musings on relationships, health, and growing up. Meg has the ability to capture in words the familiar, nuanced feelings we all experience but cannot verbalize, making her blog a source of introspection, therapy, and self-understanding. Some of our favorite posts of hers include say yes. and yes. and yes again., these are the ways to love yourself. (to forgive), and words and what needs to be said.
3. Bleubird: A Jane-of-all-trades, James leads an inspiring and laidback lifestyle. She's filled with love for her kids, has an impeccable eye for product and interior design, and shares some truly delicious recipes with her readers. We can't get enough of her bartending and vanity series, and love that she provides helpful, first-hand how-tos on homeschooling children for those interested. Some of the many posts and series we've fallen in love with on Bleubird include Sunday's Cake, Knit 101, and A Maker Series.
4. A Beautiful Mess: This pick should come as no surprise since we've worked with Elsie and Emma before (they're so sweet!) and check their blog on the daily. These girls can't be stopped; they have an amazing blog full of DIYs, recipes, beauty posts, and life hacks, in addition to a top-of-the-charts smartphone app, online workshops, and books. We're always surprised and inspired by these busy bees and love turning to their site for ideas before parties and events. Some of our favorite posts of theirs include Baked Brie, Make Your Own Braided Rug, Strawberry Angel Food Ice Cream, Tips for Pet Photography, How To Style A Side Braid and Homemade Oatmeal 9 Ways.
5. How Sweet It Is: Jessica's food posts never fail to inspire us due to the unconventional flavor pairings and fun combinations she explores (Cranberry Ginger Margaritas!?). She's a quirky and honest writer, so even though the focus of her blog is the food, we can't help but read each post from top to bottom. We love that she includes Crumb posts on her site, which focus on cute tidbits of her everyday life both inside and beyond her kitchen. And we have to admit, we've made more than a few of her dishes! Some of our favorites include Blackberry Summer Pizza, Cinnamon Sugar Sourdough French Toast Bake, Fontina and White Cheddar Skillet Brussels Bacon Mac, Chipotle Beer Shrimp Quesadillas, Spicy Queso With Chorizo and Black Beans and her Thai Crunch Chicken Salad. Since Jessica doesn't post photos of herself, we're including a picture of one of her delicious recipes (and no, she's not a quesadilla)!
Do you read any of these amazing blogs? We hope you'll add these lovely reads to your Bloglovin' feed!