Our breakfast cravings are absolutely tickled with delight by this unique take on the traditional french toast! Lauren, of Love Lola, shares with us her scrumptious recipe that deliciously marries plump juicy raspberries with a crumble of rich goat cheese! This interesting combination is sure to bring a fresh twist to your breakfast table!
If you don't believe your ears, believe your eyes. This recipe was inspired by a good friend of mine. He worked on the top goat cheese farm in the country (Split Creek Farms), here in our state of South Carolina. I say "top" goat cheese farm, because they supply the goat cheese for more restaurants than I can name off, and they have been ranked number one in the nation for their goat cheese fudge and feta. He brought us some raspberry goat cheese once and recommended we try it on french toast. So i added a little twist with banana bread, fresh raspberries, and voila! The only thing that would make this dish better was if the goat cheese on it was from Split Creek Farms.
--Lauren of Love Lola
Banana bread (recipe found here)
100% pure maple syrup
2 tbsp. crumbled goat cheese
Splash of milk
2 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 cup fresh raspberries, rinsed
1/2 tbsp. butter
1. Start by heating 1/2 tbsp. butter on medium high heat.
2. Whisk the egg in a wide dish and add a splash of milk and 1 tsp. of brown sugar.
3. Dip two slices of the banana bread into the egg mixture, making sure both sides are covered.
4. Transfer the banana bread to the pan and heat each side until golden and crispy, about 4 minutes (keep an eye on them so they do not burn.)
5. Once the french toast is cooked, place the bread on a plate and assemble--sprinkle with the goat cheese and raspberries, topping it off with a tsp. of brown sugar.
6. Finally, lather on the good stuff -- maple syrup, that is.
Try this berry and cheese french toast for your next weekend brunch -- you won't be disappointed! For more deliciously unique breakfast recipes, take a peak at Lauren's energizing green power smoothie as well as our healthy, whole wheat waffles!
Have a recipe that you are interested in sharing? We'd love to see it! Send your instructions and unedited photos to email@example.com for a chance to join our Ruche Blogger Family and become published.