Photography Credit: Jessica Claire
1 cup blueberries
1 whole banana
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons wheat germ
For Babies: Use 1 cup of your already made blueberry puree OR Microwave the blueberries just until the juices start to run, about 30 seconds. Place the banana, yogurt and blueberries in a blender and puree until smooth.
For Toddlers: Slice the banana. Microwave the blueberries just until the juices start to run, about 30 seconds. Place a little yogurt in a dish and top with banana slices, blueberries, wheat germ and serve. This will make 2-3 servings.
1/2 cup (Brown/or Jasmine) Rice (for babies, grind to barley size)
2 cups water
1/4 cup apples sliced into small dices or slivers
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1/8 cup brown sugar (optional)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1. Combine all of the above ingredients in a medium saucepan.
2. Cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes or until rice is soft, fragrant and a bit soupy
3. Stir 1/8 cup milk into the rice, keep on heat for 10 more minutes. Keep a close watch to ensure that the consistency remains soupy but not pasty.
4. Stir frequently to stop sticking to the pot and add more milk or water if necessary.
5. Serve warm then transfer remaining portion to the fridge.
Recipes from Wholesome Baby Food