Last week our Marketing Coordinator brought in a pan of chocolate chip banana bread and, surely enough, it disappeared within a few short minutes! All of us in the office were so excited for this little morning treat and are sure you will fall in love with it, too. If you are interested in a fun and easy recipe, scroll down for the chocolate chip banana bread recipe!
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups mashed brown bananas
4 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup wheat germ
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Pour all ingredients together in a bowl. Stir until thoroughly mixed and until non-banana lumps are gone. (A few banana lumps are okay!)
2. Pour into baking pan. I used a 8.5 x 8.5 baking dish and it made 2 batches worth.
3. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon over the batter.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
5. Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
6. Enjoy! (This is what happened 5 minutes after it was brought to the office).
While you're in the mood for baking something sweet, take a peek at our latest home feature. You'll find new inspiring accessories to add to your kitchen that will make baking even more fun! You'll probably love our Marketing Coordinator's Nutella Rolls too!
Have a recipe that you are interested in sharing? We'd love to see it! Send your instructions and unedited photos to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to join our Ruche Blogger Family and become published.