Ruchettes, learn how to recreate this beautiful DIY that we used in our bridal lookbook, Forever and A Day.
1. Cut out a few long strips of fabric (about 2-3 inches wide). The fabric will be used to cover up the design of the hula hoop.
2. Tie one end of a fabric strip onto the hula hoop. Start wrapping it tightly around the hula hoop. Once you reach the end, secure the fabric strip by tying it into a knot. Continue until the entire hoop is covered.
3. Place the hula hoop onto the lace and start cutting around it. Make sure to leave 3-4 inches of extra fabric around the hula hoop when you cut.
4. To secure the lace, fold the edges over the back side of the hula hoop. Use a needle and thread to start stitching the lace into place. You can cut or tuck in the excess lace into the back of the hula hoop.
5. Continue stitching and tucking all the way around the hula hoop until the lace is tightly secured, and then you're done!
Have a DIY project that you are interested in sharing? We'd love to see it! Send your instructions and unedited photos to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to join our Ruche Blogger Family and become published.