Valentine's Day is three days away! For something simple and sweet, here's our last minute Valentine's Day gift idea: a DIY felt coffee sleeve! Read on for the easy step-by-step instructions.
1. Assortment of felt (suggested colors: red, pink, grey)
3. Needle + thread
1. Cut out a rectangular piece of felt to use as the sleeve. The height and width will depend on your coffee cup (our sleeve measured out to be 3"x10"). Make sure that the width is just enough so that the felt will wrap all the way around the cup.
2. Next you'll need to cut out a few felt shapes to add onto the sleeve. For this design, cut out one large heart shape, one smaller heart shape, and pieces to make an arrow.
3. Begin stitching the pieces onto the sleeve. Start with the larger heart. Once that's attached, add the arrow so that it's going through the center. Then stitch the smaller heart over the arrow to complete the design.
4. At one end of the coffee sleeve, attach a loop of string to the back side. Make sure that the loop is large enough to fit over the button.
5. Stitch the button onto the other end of the sleeve (on the front side).
6. Place the sleeve around your coffee cup and loop the string over the button to secure.