While some may argue that it's all the pumpkin flavored goodies you can get your hands on or dusting off your favorite Halloween decorations, the true epitome of fall is layering! During these early months of fall, the mornings may be filled with a chill, but by the afternoon you find yourself warmed by the bright beams of the sun. Layering your fabulous frocks is the only way to embrace the fluctuating temperatures during these transitioning months. In our feature entitled Keep Cozy, we show how fall layering is as easy as one, two, three! Each outfit allows flexibility when it comes to adding a chunky cardigan for warmth or maintaining your effortless chic after peeling those layers off.
Here are some tips for fall layering!
1. Balance neutrals, colors and prints.
2. Keep proportions clean by balancing length. For example, pair maxi skirts with cropped jackets and pair longer coats with dresses and skirts that hit the same length, like in the second image!
3. Avoid bulk by wearing a more fitted first layer of clothing like a slim cut blouse or dress.
4. Play with texture in knits like scarves and beanies!
5. Don't be afraid to add some sparkle with a statement necklace or cocktail ring.
This layering look brilliantly plays with rustic edginess and delicate details. The ankle boots provide an unlikely compliment to the soft lace of drop waist (product) dress. Other easy ways to layer without adding bulk are with a cozy scarf or knit beanie!
Play with pairing fall hues like warm reds, olive greens, and mustard yellows! This layered look is perfect for a day at the office or even exploring your local cafes in search of the best spiced latte. A statement necklace with sparkle and neutral strappy shoes are the finishing touches for this layered ensemble!
Whether you're spending the day out and about or going from day to night, the best way to look and feel your best is with pretty layers appropriate for the harvest season. Like the frosting on a cupcake, throwing a scarf over a dress and tights or patterned blouse and a blazer is the perfect finishing touch for your autumn outfit. Want more fall layering inspiration? Shop our Keep Cozy feature!