Who can resist the creamy sweetness from the perfect lemon bar? Our guess is no one! Martha, of Mama Owl Blog, just recently shared her favorite lemon bar recipe with us and it instantly became an all time hit. And when you see just how easy these delicious bars are to make, they'll quickly become your new favorite too!
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups flour
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
6 extra-large eggs at room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (about two large lemons)
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup flour
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (after cooling)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. For the crust, cream the butter and sugar until light in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Combine the flour and salt and, with the mixer on low, add to the butter until just mixed. Dump the dough onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball. Flatten the dough with floured hands and press it into a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking sheet, building up a 1/2-inch edge on all sides. Chill.
3. Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack. Leave the oven on.
4. For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Pour over the crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set. Let cool to room temperature.
5. Cut into wedges or squares (or mini squares -perfect for a party/gathering).
Read the original recipe on Martha's blog Mama Owl Blog and scroll through some of her other favorites.
Have a recipe that you are interested in sharing? We'd love to see it! Send your instructions and unedited photos to email@example.com for a chance to join our Ruche Blogger Family and become published.