Bring out the balloons and confetti, we have five birthday candles to blow out! We are so excited to be celebrating our fifth birthday and we have all of our loyal customers to thank for our success. And as we’ve grown up, our blog has too! We love having a blog where all our Ruchettes and loyal customers can find style and wedding inspiration, DIY project ideas, delicious recipes, fun interviews, interior design tips and family inspired posts, and it’s just one more way that we get to connect with you!
We have come such a long way in just five years, from Mai and Josh starting Ruche out of their garage to our wonderful warehouse and office space, and we can’t wait to see what the next five years bring. But we're more than an online boutique; Ruche is an extremely fun place to work! Keep reading to learn five fun facts about our company!
1. Let’s do lunch: There’s a buzz in the office, an air of excitement, and all the girls are whispering about…what’s on the menu for free lunch Friday! Every week our office looks forward to Friday when we have a catered lunch together (according to our Marketing Coordinator Sam, the best days are when the taco truck comes…but her well-known love of Mexican food makes her a little biased!) We also like to start the week out right with free breakfast Mondays by grabbing donuts, bagels and cereal on our way to our desks.
2. Puppy love: If you follow us on Instagram, you already know how much we love our pups! (A few of our regulars include Maizy, Ziggy, Olive, Dexter, Jonsie, Ginger, Momo, Pebbles & Cooper). All our employees are animal lovers; it’s kind of an unofficial requirement for working here! On any given day, we have 5 to 10 dogs on site who greet our customers, keep our seats warm, and always charm us.
3. Friendly founders: Our co-founders Josh and Mai are the best bosses to work for! Even as Ruche has grown from just the two of them, they have stayed engaged with every aspect of the company. Josh still personally hands out our paystubs and he likes to make sure that he knows every employee by name, while Mai is still present at and involved with every one of our lookbook photo shoots!
4. Icing on the cake: We think birthdays are special, so we make sure to celebrate every employee birthday! Once a month, we round up the birthday folks and celebrate with a game of chubby bunny marshmallows and cake. We also celebrate every "Ruchiversary" to mark the month when an employee joined our Ruche family!
5. Sense of community: We take pride in our sense of community! All of our employees are our family, and our office is like a home away from home. And we feel like so many of our customers are our friends! We love when you take the time to connect with us through our blog, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest because then the Ruche family will just keep growing!
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you to all our Ruchettes who have been with us from the very beginning. Our success is like a birthday cake, and our loyal customers are the most important ingredient! As a gift from us to you, use coupon code 5THBDAY20 for 20% off everything on the site. ♥