Independence Day is right around the corner and along with the fun, friends, and fireworks, we love preparing treats for the occasion. The only thing better than a pretty pie or plate of pastries on the 4th of July is when they come in the patriotic shades of red, white and blue! We love using summery strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries to create the hues perfect for the celebration. Stop by your local berry stand and ready your pie dish and flour sifter - it's time to bake something sweet and fresh to celebrate the weekend!
1. All American Pie With Lemon Butter Crust: You can't get more patriotic than this! We love how she used red and blue berries with the starts and stripes to create an American flag that is almost (almost) too pretty to eat! Head over to The Winegands to get this recipe!
2. Blue and Red Berry Galette: Not only is this galette recipe from Smitten Kitchen filled with seasonal berries, but the crust is fashioned to create a star shape, which is a delightfully patriotic touch for any 4th of July celebration!
3. Triple Berry Pie with Crumble Topping: Pink Peonies' sweet yet tart crumble berry pie is timeless classic! This recipe is simple and easy to follow and yields a delicious treat.
4. Berry Almond Tarts: These tarts from Baked Bree are perfect for making your guest feel special with their very own dessert! The colorful berries against the pretty almond-infused tart make this treat a 4th of July essential.
5. Best Berry Pie: This rustic treat from Call Me Cupcake is a classic that is guaranteed to please each and every party-goer. The lattice pie crust makes this pretty dessert as beautiful as it is delicious!
For more delicious dessert recipes, view our past miette recipes and our cookbook. If you're looking for more Independence Day inspiration, view our past 4th of July recipes! And don't forget to enjoy a day of celebration and relaxation, Ruchettes!