I adore the way Ruche's items are packaged and since I couldn't bring myself to throw the pretty paper away, I decided to re purpose it!
Necessity being the mother of invention I found myself the other day with a gift that needed to be wrapped and I was out of wrapping paper. I remembered the paper packages from Ruche I had been collecting and decided to decoupage the paper onto the small cardboard box. The end result was a one of a kind wrapping paper that is all most a shame to tear open! I'm glad I took pictures so the pretty package can have an immortal digital life long after it gets torn to shreds by the birthday girl. :)
Need: After taping the box you want to use close, you'll just need clear glue, scissors, and a paintbrush
1. Order lots of pretty jewelry from Ruche and collect the paper bags. I used 3 small ones.
2. Cut off bottom of package where it is folded over.
3. Gently tear open at the middle seam until its completely separated.
4. Use paintbrush to spread glue evenly to cover one side of the box.
5. Quickly smooth the package paper over the package, covering the box and strategically as you can.
6. Continue until all sides are covered with paper, and let dry overnight.
7. After its dry, add embellishments and attach your card, and you are ready to deliver it!
8. So pretty, and a great way to recycle the pretty paper.
--Cassidy, from Things Like Skeleton Keys