We love seeing all the fun and different submissions from our Ruchette community - but sometimes we can't help but get overly excited for certain recipe entries. This Strawberry Galette dessert is one that we are just dying to try! It only requires a small amount of ingredients and is quick and easy to make!
I think that summer is officially here because my strawberry patch is bursting with sweet red berries. The time that we've all been yearning for is finally here. Dinners on the grill, summer desserts, and big bowls full of ripe, juicy, sweet berries. The sweet delicious summer fruit is back! I am not much of a baker which should make you feel much better because that means that this Strawberry Galette is super easy to make. This is simple, rustic, no fuss dessert that can be whipped up in a few minutes and enjoyed outside under the summer sky!
--Cynthia of We Make A Beautiful Mess
1 Pie Dough – Store bought or home-made.
1 Basket of organic perfectly ripe strawberries
2 Springs of fresh thyme
Zest from one clementine
1 tbsp of good vanilla
1 packet of raw sugar
2 tbsp of Organic honey
1. Follow the instructions of whatever dough method you are using, I used this one. It calls for the oven to be at 450 degrees.
2. Slice the strawberries and place them in a bowl – add the honey, thyme, zest, and vanilla and combine.
3. Let everything sit for about 5 minutes so all the flavors combine.
4. Roll out your dough, place the berry mix in the middle of the dough and slowly spread out. Fold in the dough.
5. Whisk up the egg and brush some of the mixture on the outer crust. This will create a beautifully golden crust.
6. Sprinkle the raw sugar on the dough and place in the oven at 450 degrees and bake for 15 minutes. Your house should smell aaaamazing! Enjoy!
We will be making this for the office at the first sight of a local strawberry stand!
Have a recipe that you are interested in sharing? We'd love to see it! Send your instructions and unedited photos to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to join our Ruche Blogger Family and become published.