If you’ve got an upcoming spring garden wedding (or several) to attend, you might be wondering what to wear on the big day. Some ladies have their wedding look down pat, but many find themselves envious of the bridesmaids who already know what they’ll be donning when the day arrives. Luckily, the pleasant spring weather gives you plenty of options and a great opportunity to play with color. Instead of fretting over what to wear, look at this event as a chance to express yourself! If you’re not sure where to begin, here are the five elements of the spring garden wedding ensemble that you can adapt to form your own spring wedding look.
1. Colorful Dress: Whether you love a floral print or solid hue for spring, opt for a bright dress that makes you feel both sophisticated and comfortable. For something different, try a global print, retro polka dots, or a watercolor motif, or exchange your usual above-the-knee dress for a maxi-length frock.
2. Strappy Wedges: For a quintessential spring look, pair your new dress with wedges that will enhance its ladylike silhouette (and show off your pedicure!). If you know you’ll be walking in the garden itself, it’s best to opt for wedges over skinny heels, as thin heels often sink into the grass.
3. Neutral Purse: If you have a neutral purse in your collection, it’ll certainly match any spring look you create. Look for a small to medium-sized purse in a cream, tan, or taupe hue for the most versatility. Once you have your purse for the wedding, you can fill it with gum, tissues, bobby pins, and other items you may need that day.
4. Statement Necklace: Accent your look with a fun statement necklace! We love everything from glossy sparkle of jeweled necklaces to the bold beading of our 31 Bits collection. Find a necklace to pair with your dress and you’ll be able to wear it all season long with a variety of other outfits.
5. Bright Lipstick: Now that your outfit is complete, finish it off with a fun lipcolor. Pick a shade that will match the bright pink or red in your frock or jewelry, or opt for a color that complements the green, blues, or yellows in your ensemble. Weddings are the perfect time to try out a bold new color as you won’t feel overdone and the attention will be on the wedding party.
We hope this list will help you devise a spring garden wedding outfit of your own! Will you be wearing a colorful ensemble to a wedding this season?
*All images photographed by Brandon Kidd. View our Spring Lookbook, Flourish, for more.