With Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas just around the corner, we can’t deny it any longer: winter has arrived! But look on the (albeit chilly) bright side of things – that means it’s time to make a list of winter activities that are perfect for the frosty season. Whether winter means flying down the slopes or snuggling up in a cozy sweater, there are some things that are just better when it’s cold outside. We’re filling our list with fun winter activities that you can only truly enjoy this time of year.
1. Embrace flannel: Since staying cozy always tops our list of winter activities, flannel is a must come winter. Whether your flannel of choice comes in the form of pajamas, bed sheets, or a most comfortable button-up, be sure to add some flannel to your life.
2. Break out the crockpot: Chilly temperatures makes us crave the heartiest of meals, especially a steaming bowl of creamy soup. Why not skip the canned options, and make your own? Might we add that the best bowl is always a bread bowl?
3. DIY the décor: Give your festivities a DIY make-over! Heading into the craft room is one of the most fun winter activities that the holidays inspire. You can make your own wreath and Christmas tree decorations, print adorable gift tags and give gifts a homemade touch with DIY packaging.
4. Go to the snow: Whether getting to the snow requires heading to your backyard or venturing into the mountains, feeling that crunch beneath your boots is a must. Hop onto a ski lift, have a snowball fight, build a snowman, or simply sit by the fire in a lodge watching snowflakes come down through the window.
5. Low key entertaining: Being the hostess-with-the-mostess is one of our favorite winter activities! But in order to gather all our friends while avoiding that holiday exhaustion, we opt for throwing fuss-free parties! Throw a cookies and cocktails soiree where everyone brings a different batch of cookies and you whip up a signature holiday cocktail, have a gift wrapping extravaganza, or coordinate a wine and cheese pairings party. The important thing is simply to spend time with those near and dear.
As much as we are looking forward to the first blooms of spring, we can’t wait to cross off each of these winter activities from our chilly weather bucket list first!